Primary Bathroom Renovation in Brightwood, NW DC
About the Project
Zen Renovations recently finished a bathroom design + build renovation project which included two bathrooms and a closet in the main bedroom. With just a little bit of vision from the homeowner, Zen designer, Christian Rogue, created two stunning bathrooms and a custom, modern closet, optimizing every inch of the small footprint allotted.
Brightwood, NW DC
Main Project Challenges:
One of the challenges of this bathroom design + build renovation project was tight space for each area. With a few design tricks, Christian was able to not only meet the requirements of the owner, but also reflect her personal taste.
- Construction in tight spaces
Scope of Work Done:
- Custom cabinetry
- Demolished spaces
- Carried out required structural changes to combine and open up spaces
- Upgraded plumbing and electrical systems
- Installed drywall and taping for new walls and closures
- Created custom walk-in shower in place of former bathtub
- Painted and finished walls, ceilings and millwork
- Design and install custom cabinetry
- Installed niche waterproof lighting and plumbing fixtures
- Final cleaning and handling
Taking out the tub in the main bathroom enabled enough room to install a custom walk-in shower with clear glass walls which opened up the bathroom space.
By eliminating closet doors, installing custom cabinetry and utilizing visually appealing, utilitarian shelving and rod finishes, we gave the homeowner almost twice as much wardrobe space.
Dark linear tiling added drama to the powder room and contrasted well with the white enamel vanity and sink. Shelving added storage space and accessories to reflect the homeowner’s personality.