Kitchen Remodeling in Takoma Park, Maryland
About the Project
What a design transformation! This once closed in kitchen gave the homeowner the feeling of missing out on the party. The construction and renovation included knocking down a wall and transformed the kitchen into the focal point of the home.
Takoma Park, Maryland
Main Project Challenges:
The main design and construction challenge of this kitchen design + build project was creating an open space that would include the kitchen into the heart of the home. The homeowner also wanted an updated design and additional storage space.
Scope of Work Done:
- Custom cabinetry
- Demolished spaces
- Carried out structural changes to the kitchen/dining room wall to combine and open up the spaces
- Upgraded plumbing and electrical systems
- Installed drywall and taping for new walls and closures
- Laid new flooring across entirety of first floor
- Painted and finished walls, ceilings, and millwork
- Designed and installed custom cabinetry
- Installed under cabinet lighting and kitchen appliances
- Final cleaning and handling
Knocking down the wall that separated the kitchen from the dining room created more entertaining space and freedom of movement. To give the kitchen a new updated design, we recommended a clean, black and white kitchen design with chrome accents on the custom cabinetry and appliances. The renovation included warm brown tones for hardwood flooring to soften the modern colors and lines of the custom cabinetry and countertops.