Kitchen Renovation in Takoma Park, Maryland
About the Project
We were up for the challenge with this kitchen design + build renovation project. The homeowner wanted only part of the kitchen remodeled – just enough to be able to see their gardens and to facelift parts of the kitchen.
Main Project Challenges:
To see the homeowner’s gardens from the kitchen, we had to remove a support wall and install a support beam. This construction opened up the kitchen to the living room with oversized windows with pristine views of lush gardens the homeowners worked on for over 20 years. We also had to match existing cabinets with custom cabinetry, hardwood flooring, and countertops.
Scope of Work Done:
- Custom cabinetry to match existing
- Custom countertop to match existing
- Construction of a new kitchen island
- Demolished part of the space while protecting existing cabinetry, counters and appliances
- Upgraded plumbing and electrical systems
- Installed custom cabinetry
- Installed new appliances
- Final cleaning and handling
The result of the kitchen design + build construction project was more than just a better view of the yard. The homeowner’s labor-of-love gardens were in full bloom outside their living room windows, easily seen in the kitchen. By matching existing flooring and cabinetry we blended old with new seamlessly. The end result was an updated look with a pleasant view!